10 Jan Now Hiring – Fundraising & Outreach Coordinator
Bayfront Youth & Family Services is now seeking a Fundraising & Outreach Coordinator to join our corporate team and aid us in providing quality services to community-based at-risk families.
The position acts as the link between the organization and both the people it aims to assist, and the people that can aid in the growth of the organization. The position acts as the main point of contact for members of the community by informing and educating them about the services offered or how they can support our cause. The position oversees and directs the planning, organizing, and implementation of fundraising initiatives, community outreach campaigns, and the volunteer program for Bayfront Youth and Family Services. Additionally, ensuring that all available opportunities for raising funds are maintained, contributing to the financial viability and overall sustainability of the organization.
- Seek, organize and participate in outreach and community awareness/presentation opportunities (i.e., events, community outreach activities, meetings, fairs, open house information sessions, etc.) to educate the broader community about Bayfront, our activities, projects, and volunteer opportunities.
- Develop, implement and manage new and existing sustainable annual fundraising events, opportunities, and projects for the organization and serve as a liaison for all third-party fundraising events.
- Steward and develop existing donors and enhance the overall quality and quantity of the donor base.
- Provide general volunteer supervision, oversee volunteer data management, develop and implement volunteer policies and procedures and oversee volunteer orientation and training.
- Assist with developing and maintaining a website, create an editorial calendar and content creation for social and new media outreach, overseeing mass mailings, and possibly managing physical aspects of the work environment.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets
- Knowledge of government structures, agencies and policies which impact Bayfront Youth & Family Services.
- Experience in facilitating public meetings and other public forums. Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) encompassing a diverse range of audiences.
- Must be flexible and available to attend evening and weekend community events and meetings as needed.
Professional Experience/Educational Requirements:
- 2 years’ experience in fundraising, volunteer coordination, public affairs or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; degree in marketing, public relations, business, or related field is preferred.
- Highly organized, analytical, IT-competent — proficient in Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), volunteer and donation tracking databases.
- On-the-job experience with social media platforms, especially Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Bilingual/Multilingual candidate is preferred
- Possess a current, valid California driver’s license and meet agency insurance underwriting guidelines.